Thursday, February 21, 2008

pass the collection plate

So I'm reading this story that was intitally reported on the CBS Early Show about a pastor in south Florida that is encouraging his married parishioners to have sex on a daily basis. According to Relevant Church head pastor Paul Wirth:
"A great sex life is a challenge and takes focus, determination, and planning," reads the church web site. "Some say it’s an unrealistic goal, but we disagree. We believe you can have a great sex life, in fact we believe God wants you to have a great sex life."
Can I get an amen? This man issued a 30-day challenge to all his members to go out and get some! http://www.relevantchurch.com/
All I want to know is where do I sign up for the choir? Cause for the first time in my adult life, I'm starting to think that there may actually be something to this whole organized religion thing. Praise the Lord!

Alas, the inevitable let down:
"Pastor Wirth's 30-day challenge does not extend to unmarried congregants. Instead, they were asked to abstain from sex for the month."

BOO.

3 comments:

  1. LOL yeah i heard about this on the news too. Its a shame, us single, fabu and independant people are not invited! BOOOOO indeed

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a semi-avid church goer and this news is not news to me. Sex seems to be a sin when it is not between married couples...when people are joined in healthy relationships but have not been bonded matrimoniously, sexual relations in the eyes of the church are abhorrent. I say, to each his/her own and "healthy relations is a beautiful thang!!!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Single unmarried people need sex the most!!!

    ReplyDelete