Friday, October 24, 2008

so hard to say goodbye...

Well, its definitely encouraging to learn that 66% of you have figured out a way to be friends with your exs. Cause I can def remember a time when the phrase, "I hope we can always be friends" was just the polite way to get off the phone. You know, after the whole- "Um no we can't keep sleeping together anymore" part of the convo. And right before you'd call your closest friend and talk more mess than a little bit about how the entire relationship was nothing short of the biggest mistake of your life and not one of your friends were ever, ever, ever allowed to speak to him/ her again.

As for the 33% of you still cutting folks off at the knees, I wish you good luck. It takes great discipline to spend the rest of my life pretending not to know someone that I used to be get my sexy on with... especially if we live in the same city. With my kinda luck, I'm the one, bumping into them on every corner and opening of a soup can. And I swear, there is nothing more uncomfortable faking small talk with someone you're not cool with. You know those horrid conversations held entirely in that high pitch, fake excited tone of voice-"Oh my god, hi!! It's so good to see you!" When the whole time you're wishing you just stayed home and drank a V-8? Mmm-hmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment