Wednesday, October 15, 2008

didn't ciara already make a boy song...

Is it me or does it seem like Beyonce drops a new album every six months? No bump that, every damn quarter??? Don't get me wrong, I'm not mad at Mrs. Carter's hustle but got-damn, can you please give us a chance to miss you? I mean just for a second?

How-sum-ever I can't completely hate since I'm definitely feeling one of the two first singles. But just between you, me and the wall; doesn't putting out TWO first singles seem like a lot?? It's like, seriously, stop being such a overachiever, tell Papa Knowles to back off and decide which one you really want to release. Good grief.


And um, NO, I am most certainly not jamming on the ones to the poorly disguised 2008 mosh-remix of 'Get Me Bodied' and 'Upgrade U' a.k.a 'Put A Ring On It.' For the record, if Swizz Beats gets just one additional dime for selling her back the same track he serviced her with not once but two times before on the last go 'round; that man deserves a platinum plated pimp cup... oh wait, he already earned that when he bagged A-Keys.


Not to mention, how many 'I'm an independent lady' anthems can a girl who has been coupled with some of the wealthiest African-American men on the planet for the majority of her dating life really put out and expect us to believe?? I mean, call it intuition but something tells me Sean wasn't talking about, let's go dutch... But that's just my opinion.


So anyhoo, on a more positive note I really like the 'If I Were A Boy' single. And it was definitely the artsy, blk/wht, trading places-esque themed, mini-saga/ music video that put a check in the win column for me. For the first time, I could actually see glimpses of her alleged acting chops. Of course, that probably had more to do with the fact that she spoke a grand total of four lines the entire five minutes and twenty seconds than any significant change. I'm just saying...


Check out the video and let me know what you think. Do you love the song? And more importantly, don't you really love her super cute white co-star???:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BVTyLqkez6A

1 comment: