Friday, April 30, 2010

to the beat of the drum...



Okay, see my boy RS told me about this craziness when it was first reported on Bossip. But it just so happened to be the same day as the whole Sandra Bullock loves the kids/ Oklahoma hates women/ white folks are importing serial killers from Russia stories popped off. And quite honestly, so I had reached my limit on tomfoolery for a single 24 hour period.

But now that CNN done broke it down in a video... I can sorta put it into words.

Basically- last Saturday night, this dude in Florida chopped off his mother's head, put it in a bag, walked around the corner tossed it in a lot. Then woke up his demented ass up the next day and went to play the drums at church? The early service? And the neighbors describe him as a quiet, nice guy who loved God and his mama?

BLANK STARE

And then you wonder why the majority of my friends and I give overzealous, super-sanctified church folks a WIDE ass berth??? Man listen, all that Jesus talk and Bible beating then next thing you know, it's off with your head. I. Can't.

I sure hope dude who told me that his friends wouldn't consider dating me b/c I don't subscribe to the same faith got wind of this story. 'Cause it seems to me, that they would want to be a whole lot less worried about my soul and a little more concerned with the state of mind of some of their fellow congregation members. I'm just saying.

*drops the mic and walks away*

4 comments:

  1. There is crazy in all faiths, creeds, colors, sexual orientation, etc. I don't think you can say that people who love Jesus are bad because some crazy dude chopped off his mother's head. I think that is totally generalizing an entire group of people. These are the last days and things are going to get crazier and crazier until the world ends. That's just the facts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey M- Please allow me to clarify, I have not not would ever think/ say that people who love Jesus are bad. I'm all for people having a strong belief system regardless of whether its Jesus, Jehovah, Allah or whomever.

    However, what I will always avoid and be very critical of are people who are extremely overzealous and sanctimonious about their respective faith.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WTF, I didn't hear this one. That is crazy. I wonder what is motive was, though there is really no reason for this crime when you are 21 years old.

    Tiffany
    Peace, Love and Chocolate
    http://liferequiresmorechocolate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Imagine my surprise when I turned on the local news and realized it happened in my city, WTF?

    Jai

    ReplyDelete