Monday, April 5, 2010

final boarding call...

Sooo I felt my first earthquake yesterday afternoon... well the aftershocks at least.

Gotta say, as much as I enjoy hanging out in LaLa Land, I'm not a fan. And despite the BFF assuring me that it wasn't nearly as bad as it could've been, I was genuinely scared as hell when the windows and the walls started shaking. Oh and did I mention how long it lasted? Oh yeah, the walls didn't just shake a little something and stop like I've always imagined. No sir, everything kept rockin' for a good minute or so. Mm-hmm... Survey says no thank you.

But I will say, I was a true New Yorker about it. I didn't scream, I didn't run, I just got very, very quiet. In fact, all I did was ask Carla why the floor was suddenly moving under my feet. And as soon as she said, "Because we're there's an earthquake going on," I immediately found my behind a seat on the couch and what? Shut the hell up til it was over. Matter of fact, I didn't really start talking about an hour later when we finally left the apartment and were outside in the free and clear- 'cause I didn't want to tempt the fates.

BLANK STARE

I know, I know, don't judge me. But please believe that the kid will NOT be missing her flight home tomorrow.

3 comments: