Monday, April 12, 2010

keep ya enemies close...

I went to bed thinking that I was going to HAVE to write today's post about the ridiculousness that is the new VH1 reality show, Basketball Wives. I mean, how can the show honestly say it offers an insider's view of the trials & tribulations that accompany marriage to a high profile basketball player when only one of the six participants is married. And even more importantly, I don't recognize her husband at ALL (shoot, there's not even a wikipedia entry on dude).

BLANK STARE

Seems like the show should be described as an insider's view of NBA bitterest baby mamas, ex-girlfriends, ex-fiancees and ex-wives. Cause it certainly looks like the game got the best of this group of women. I don't care how much money or plastic surgery you have, it won't ever disguise that run-thru / over-compromised appearance of woman whose been used up in her prime and discarded with zero respect. I'm just saying.

But THEN, I saw the CNN news story about the latest beef between the United States State Department and the Russia Government. Apparently Russia is threatening to shut down ALL adoptions to families in America not now but RIGHT NOW. Why you ask?

Well, apparently some random white couple in middle America decided that the 7-year old Russian kid they adopted was some type of violent psychopath. Talking about the little boy had a list of people that he wanted to hurt and number one on the list was his American mom.

WOAH

And so they what? Sent that little serial killer right back to the motherland all by his damn self. Mmm-hmm... just. like. that. But wait on it... Before putting him on the plane the adoptive father, Torry Hansen packed a one-sentence note in homeboy's backpack talking about:
"I am sorry to say that for the safety of my family, friends and myself I no longer wish to parent this child."

OMG, if this ain't the damn storyline from Orphan, I don't know what it is. SMH. Tell you what, I'll take me a little knucklehead from the hood a million times over before I start searching for some damn foreign baby that can't even say I hate you in English. No offense.

*starts tossing holy water like I'm popping champagne*

4 comments:

  1. Girl, you always have me rolling! and LOLing in the office:-). You are right on the money.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Favorite line: "I'll take me a little knucklehead from the hood a million times over before I start searching for some damn foreign baby that can't even say I hate you in English."

    ReplyDelete