Wednesday, February 4, 2009

its a draw...

Why is it that as I get older, dating seems to get more and more complicated? Shouldn't this process have started to figure itself out by now? You know, kinda like making that perfect sunny side up egg...

Here's the thing: on one hand, I've got our girl Beyonce prancing around talking 'bout don't sweat relationships. 'Cause if it was that serious he should've put a ring on it. Word. So I'm taking my time, having lots of fun and doing me. No stress, no mess, just easy like Sunday morning. If I wanna hook-up, then I will. If not, so what. It all depends on how the breeze blows.

But then on the other hand, there are the women who I know in real time (versus the friend in my head) whom despite the odds actually HAVE rings. And according to these divas, unless I'm miraculously going to wake up tomorrow looking like Beyonce, the way to the proverbial 5-carat promised land requires me to settle my lil' independent behind down and get focused. Ain't no Sunday morning breezes round here goddammit!

Now, I'm all for living life to the fullest and being in control of my sexuality but mama knows that she wouldn't mind having that Barack kinda love either. Bottom line: I'm torn.

So like I do with anything I can't figure something out, I open my mouth and ask someone. Or in this case, I posted a poll to see what you all think about this whole dating/ relationship/ sex process. Maybe, just maybe, the numbers would give me some insight to what was working for the majority. Well guess what...

According to the poll, 50% of you guys think that dating, relationships and especially sex should all be generic. If you're feeling it on the first, second or fiftieth date, as long as you're being safe than you're ready to get it on.

While the other 50%, insist on steps, stages and milestones with the whole dating / relationship/ sex process. X-nay on the unplanned interludes in the unisex Bar 59 bathroom for you.

50/50? Huh!?!? So essentially, it can go either way? Geesh. I'm right back where I started. Sigh. I see I'm gonna have to do a more specific poll to get to the bottom of this....

No comments:

Post a Comment