Monday, November 10, 2008

next stop nursing home...

It's official- we are getting old. And yes, I said WE.
42% of the folks can't remember the last time the magic happened in a public place. Can you imagine if I'd asked this question say... five years ago? I'm willing to bet 42% would've chosen the "this week" option (and yes, I'm including myself in that). Sigh, so sad.
Of course, the mature part of my mind wants to rationalize the change in direction as a positive thing. "Oh, it's because nowadys most of us have our own homes with expensive beds-sans parents-so we don't have to act up in public places AND not for nothing, have you seen how disgusting bathrooms in the clubs are nowadays??? Hooking up in public is so dead." But then.... the little voice in my head whispers, "Yeah right. That's just a politically correct excuse for being less spontaneous. Ain't nothing wrong with a little act up every now and then. You and your crew (well almost all of my crew) are just actin' like old biddies."

The reality is, if 25% of you guys were able to figure it out at some point in 2008, then the movement can't be completely over, right?

So hats off to the 5% who were able to make the magic happen this past month. I just hope that it wasn't on a park bench, playground swing, bathroom stall or backseat of a car that I'll be on anytime soon.

And as for the 25% who have never, ever, ever... God bless your hearts. Elsa is probably disowning me and recruiting a new eldest daughter after reading this post. Hee hee. Feel free to submit your applications.


No comments:

Post a Comment