Monday, November 24, 2008

i leave you alone for 5 min...

So after six wonderful days of kicking it with my girl Carmen (sans cell phone, radio or internet) in Belize, I'm back. And just what do you think is the very first news story that I read is about? Wait on it...

Some 19 year-old college student in Miami that committed suicide live on the web. Seriously? And apparently, not only did a bunch of people log on to watch this unfortunate fool pop the lethal dose of prescription pills, some of the sickos were actually cheering him on. My god. What kind of world are we living in?

But admit it, as soon as you read: "suicide", "live on the web" and "prescription pills," the first thing that ran through your mind was- "Rich white kids got too much damn time and access. They can't even kill themselves without an audience nowadays." Right? Well, don't feel bad. Me too. But don't you know, ole dude was a black guy named Abraham.... Damn shame. I blame Paris Hilton.

1 comment: