Wednesday, November 26, 2008

first comes love, then comes...

According to 66%, if you had to choose between either never getting married or never having children, the next step is definitely the baby. It seems that procreating is way more important than forming a "perfect union." Interesting. Deep in my heart, I've always believed that true single parents (you know, the ones where there is no co-parent to be found AT ALL) are like the repo man in the hood, some of the most courageous people on the planet.

I on the other hand, like the not so courageous 33%, am gonna choose marriage sans babies.

And no, I did not choose this because I enjoy the luxury of walking around my crib in nothing more than a pair of cotton drawers on a sunny Saturday... I just think that at the end of the day, I'm not built for the whole single parent thing. I need help... A LOT of damn help. Like, therapist, nanny, housekeeper AND dutiful husband type of help. All that crying and dirty diapers and running amuck in the name of childhood- just thinking about it is enough to drive me to drink. Uh-uh, if it's gonna go down, I need the person that helped created the situation to bear his share of burden (read: a shoulder to tap in the middle of the night when the baby wakes up crying like a wild banshee. 'Cause you know Mommy needs her beauty sleep). Lord knows, I can barely get my life together, let alone raise a kid solo. No sir, we don't want that at all.

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you. I have so much respect for single mothers. I have children and often think how would I do all this alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. But you have so much LOVE to share..I'm with you I crave the partnership in raising children. It's important for 1200 reasons.

    ReplyDelete