We are offically living in the end of days...
So apparently there's a chlorine resistant parasite that's contaminating water parks and pools nationwide. It's called cryptosporidium, aka crypto. It can make you sick for up to two weeks with nausea, vomiting, headaches, stomach cramps and diarrhea. But wait on it... the parasite lives in fecal matter. Which means the water is being contaminated by babies pooping in the pool, people not properly wiping their butts after taking a dump and kids with diarrhea getting into the water. EEEEEEWWWWWWWAAAA!!!!!!
Check out the tips that the CDC recommends to reduce contamination:
Tips for All Swimmers
1. Don't swim when you have diarrhea.
2. Don't swallow pool water.
3. Shower before swimming and wash your hands after using the toilet or changing diapers.
Tips for Parents
1. Take kids on bathroom breaks or check diapers often.
2. Change diapers in a bathroom and not poolside.
3. Wash children thoroughly, especially near the rear end, with soap and water before swimming.
I have always been a little squemish when I see a kid or worse a baby swimming in a pool. But this is like a straight, 'what's grosser than gross' joke.
Read it for yourself: