Friday, August 22, 2008

time to listen...

Ever feel like the Universe is trying to tell you something?
Last week Friday I pulled a major muscle called the iliopsoas. And it hurt like hell. To make matter worse, the strained muscle became inflamed and never went down. In fact, it got to the point where it got so big it was pressing on the sciatic nerve in my right leg. I know, sounds like a whole lot of personal medical information. But bear with me. Cause long story short? I was in breathtaking pain for almost three days straight. I'm talking tears in the street, looking for the elevator in the subway, can't get out of bed in the middle of the night, calling Elsa to come get me pain.
Now we all know, there's always a lesson in the struggle, right? And my lesson came when the doctor informed me of the cause the increased inflammation. Apparently, 75% of the severe inflammation was due to me not resting, running around the city trying to do 50 million things at once in no support having flip-flops and joggig on the pavement. The other 25%? Well that was from straight up stress. My constant worrying about what's next, what I'm not doing, who owes me what, where I should be, etc. Simply put, my inability to relax,relate and release finally caught up with me.
And so now, that I'm back at a point where I can actually get up out of the bed and move around again with some sense of normalacy all I say is- DULY NOTED. Ain't no fun being the cripple chick. It' time to let go and let God... while I make like GUY and chill for a bit.
(sorry if you're too young to understand).

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mitzi,

    Funny posts. Hope you are doing better. Gurl.. you know I added you to my blog list.