Wednesday, May 14, 2008

they really like it...

This morning I had my first official book signing/ reading for HOTLANTA. Denene flew up from Atlanta and we spoke to about thrity high school students from two different schools in Brooklyn at the Brooklyn Public Library in Grand Army Plaza (the ones in the picture are from a private school and the rest were from a local public school).
Omigod, it was so fun!! I love me some opinated teenagers! Those kids are hilarious and the things that make them happy are so silly. It was really nice to hear feedback about the story- which characters they liked, hated, didn't understand...But most of all, it gave me the motivation to keep writing. Because as many of you know, I have been having the harest time concentrating on this thrid installment of the series. Sigh. Maybe this writing for a living thing ain't all bad...

No comments:

Post a Comment