Tuesday, June 15, 2010

a little too sunnyside up is all...



So Drake's highly anticipated 1st studio album finally drops today...

*crickets*

Err-um yeah, think I'm gonna wait a minute on that one. Oh and let me be clear, not b/c I don't believe it has the potential to be a good album. I'm sure it will be more than fine. I mean, the kid is talented- overexposed- but certainly talented.

And speaking of overexposed, I honestly think I'm just a little tapped out on the emo-rap right now... Granted, first it was Successful, then it was the Best He Ever Had, next he was trying to Find Your Love, certainly there were Fireworks but now, it's Over.

BLANK STARE

I'm sure with enough airplay in the hood over the summer, I'll soon recover from this temp aversion. But for right here, right now, the whole 'I'm a suffered rapper who rhymes about running through young impressionable girls like a car wash b/c one random girl didn't support my dream & broke my heart into a ka-million pieces' has run it's course.

Thanks.

3 comments:

  1. I like that he can speak properly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am with you, tough I doubt I will give any of his songs a chance on my radio.

    Peace, Love and Chocolate
    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah the run through random females sob story is tired and played...grow some dingle berries and treat people how you want to be treated and don't blame your inability to have a real relationship on some chick that dissed you and forgot all about it. ~Nebraska Blaque signing out

    ReplyDelete