Thursday, September 11, 2008

watch your back...

Okay, so let's keep it all the way live. The REAL reason that I hate the fall is because it is the inevitable time of reckoning between me and my damn jeans. I swear, I can go an entire late spring/ summer without ONCE wearing a pair of jeans- nothing but dresses, skirts and shorts for yours truly. But come September, the gig is up. And there is NOTHING worse than trying to pull up those "safety" jeans (you know the ones that should ALWAYS fit, come hell or heavy period) and them feeling extra snug on the thighs. That pinch of the button and the inevitable soft-squishy spillage over the top EVEN when you're holding your break reduces even the most resillient/ SECRET reading/ I love my body self-esteem to shambles.
As if the self esteem damage wasn't enough, it also forces me to make the hard choices- should I kiss the extra dinner/drinks money good bye and purchase new jeans that fit comfortably OR get back on the crazy workout plan and kiss the actual dinner/drinks good bye ('cause who has the energy at the end of the day).
Sigh, what's a curvy girl to do?

No comments:

Post a Comment